Plugin settings is deleted everytime i upgrade CodeLite

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
James85
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

Plugin settings is deleted everytime i upgrade CodeLite

Post by James85 »

Recently upgraded CodeLite to v3.0.50.41 only to discover that all my plugin settings is removed (i.e. my SnipWiz templates and more) :evil:

This is very annoying that this happens EVERY TIME i upgrade CodeLite and I manually have to enter the settings again. :x
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: Plugin settings is deleted everytime i upgrade CodeLite

Post by eranif »

I am not sure of how SnipWiz plugin works since I am not the one who wrote it. You will have to ask Frank (forum name: frank_frl) or look at the source code to see how it works, in general all the settings should not be deleted by codelite (and I am pretty sure that this is the case), although I don't use SnipWiz and I can't answer that

If it happens every time, you should have reported it earlier ...
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
frank_frl
CodeLite Expert

Post by frank_frl »

Hi James,

the SnipWiz plugin stores his settings in the \CodeLite\templates folder as 'SnipWiz.tmpl' (historical reasons), so if there is a version in the installer, it might be overwritten. ( I build CL myself from SVN, so I never had this problem)

There are two solutions:
Eran could change the installer, so that it will not be installed if it exists, or we change the path where it is stored.

Regards

Frank
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Post by eranif »

frank_frl wrote:the SnipWiz plugin stores his settings in the \CodeLite\templates folder as 'SnipWiz.tmpl' (historical reasons), so if there is a version in the installer, it might be overwritten. ( I build CL myself from SVN, so I never had this problem)
Frank, thanks for the explanation. I think that I might be better moving the .tmpl file to the %appdata%\codelite / ~./codelite/ directory so it won't be overwritten. I look into it

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread