CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
woody363
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

hello world example fails

Post by woody363 »

Hello, im running codelite on Ubuntu 11.10

Im trying to get the hello world example script to work with no success with the project type: GUI executable with qt enabled

the first line of the example code gives the error message "1:24: fatal error: QApplication: No such file or directory"

my understanding is that it doesn't come with the libraries (Why does it provide example code but no libraries for it?!!!) so i eventually tracked down a download from this site and followed the instructions on this page: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qt-embedded-install.html

but still no success. Am i remotely on the right track here? ...for perspective, im a complete linux newb and don't know what the majority of commands actually do, i just need them to work.

...alternatively can anyone recommend a programming environment that doesn't force me to search for hours on the internet for the tools required to run its own example script?
woody363
CodeLite Curious
IDE Question: c++

Re: hello world example fails

Post by woody363 »

In the end I decided to find a different program... QT Creator. instantly brought up a (slightly excessive) list of example programs THAT COULD COMPILE!

Consider this thread as highlighting an area that needs improvement. Even a simple help file directing you to somewhere to install the necessaries would be fine

Michael
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: hello world example fails

Post by eranif »

woody363 wrote:Why does it provide example code but no libraries for it?!!!
Because you can install them with apt-get - no need for codelite to become package manager
woody363 wrote:1:24: fatal error: QApplication: No such file or directory
It means that if you want to develop with Qt - you should have Qt installed
woody363 wrote:Consider this thread as highlighting an area that needs improvement
Not really
woody363 wrote:In the end I decided to find a different program... QT Creator
Free world, free software - that the beauty

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread