Colour macro blocks with gray text colour

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
flhoff2
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Colour macro blocks with gray text colour

Post by flhoff2 »

I am running CodeLite under Linux Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS which itself is running in an Oracle VirtualBox.
I am a recent convert to CodeLite for Linux C development. I had previously used Eclipse under Linux (and still use MSVS for some Windows work). I much prefer CodeLite to Eclipse :D .
Since I installed v5.0.6213, the Settings->Tags Settings->General->Colouring option "Colour macro blocks with gray text colour when the macro is not defined" option does not have the effect which it had prior to the upgrade.
The source code in which I typically work is heavily laden with compile-time conditionals, and I really miss this feature.
I would greatly appreciate any help in restoring this functionality.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Colour macro blocks with gray text colour

Post by eranif »

According to the code (and to my memory) this code was not changed. The only thing that *was* changed, was the replacement of wxSctintilla with wxStyledTextCtrl (its the underlying editing control)
In codelite 5.0 we moved to the built-in editing control provided by wxWidgets instead of maintaining our own copy, and it seems that the built-in is older than the one we had (without the support for this feature)

If by next *codelite* release this won't change (I know for fact the wxWIdgets already moved on to a newer version which does include this feature ) - we will patch our copy of wxWidgets

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
flhoff2
CodeLite Curious

Post by flhoff2 »

I am now (2013-06-20) using the latest (just checked for updates minutes before this post) of codelite 5.1 and the graying of non-defined code blocks has not returned. (At least on my box.) Is there anything that I can do on my end to restore this highly desirable lost feature?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

The blame is to be made on the ancient version of scintilla version that wxWidget is using.
Since the move to wx294, codelite is using wxStyledTextCtrl which uses an older version of scintilla than the one we had in codelite 4.1
This problem will fix itself the minute wx295 is released ( where they have upgraded their scintilla component )

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
flhoff2
CodeLite Curious

Post by flhoff2 »

Just updated to the latest version (as of 2013-10-23) and this feature appears to have returned. I am very, very pleased!! :D :D