CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
althorz
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Building CodeLite in RHEL 6

Post by althorz »

Hi,

I'm facing some issue when building codelite in RHEL 6.

- codelite 5.4
- trying to compile/build codelite in RHEL 6
- RHEL 6 (2.6.32-431.5.1.el6.x86_64)
- gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-4) (GCC)

Code: Select all

In file included from /root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp:1:
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.h:28: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of âwxFileNameâ with no type
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.h:28: error: expected â,â or â...â before â&â token
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp: In constructor âCompilerCommandLineParser::CompilerCommandLineParser(const wxString&, const wxString&)â:
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp:168: error: no matching function for call to âCompilerCommandLineParser::AddIncludesFromFile(wxFileName&)â
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.h:28: note: candidates are: void CompilerCommandLineParser::AddIncludesFromFile(int)
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp: At global scope:
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp:272: error: prototype for âvoid CompilerCommandLineParser::AddIncludesFromFile(const wxFileName&)â does not match any in class âCompilerCommandLineParserâ
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.h:28: error: candidate is: void CompilerCommandLineParser::AddIncludesFromFile(int)
I suspect it to be an issue with not able to get the header file in wx/string.h but I'm not sure how to test it with cmake. I've compiled and installed wxWidgets with no error and use -DWITH_WXPATH=<dir of wxWidgets>/bin for cmake command.

wx-config --cppflags
-I/apps/wxWidgets/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0 -I/apps/wxWidgets/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__

wx-config --cflags
-I/apps/wxWidgets/lib/wx/include/gtk2-unicode-3.0 -I/apps/wxWidgets/include/wx-3.0 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXGTK__ -pthread
Any advises are appreciated. [Other than replacing RHEL with Ubuntu/Fedora variant :D ]

Cheers~
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Re: Building CodeLite in RHEL 6

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

My first instinct is to suggest you try building as a normal user under $HOME, if that's possible, rather than in /root/ (presumably as superuser).

Otherwise, is that error more-or-less the first thing that happens when you start building, or have lots of other bits of the build already succeeded? If the latter, there can't be anything too wrong with your system or wx installation.

FWIW, I know people have succeeded with CL 5.4 on CentOS...

Regards,

David
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

DavidGH wrote:FWIW, I know people have succeeded with CL 5.4 on CentOS
He is building head
I can tell by the error he got - its a function I added 2 days ago...
Now, since I build with PCH I miss this kind of errors - it should be fixed in git head

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
althorz
CodeLite Curious

Post by althorz »

Hi,

Thank! The issue is fixed with the added header. But I got another error in the same file:

[  6%] Building CXX object CodeLite/CMakeFiles/libcodelite.dir/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp.o
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp: In member function âvoid CompilerCommandLineParser::AddIncludesFromFile(const wxFileName&)â:
/root/src/codelite/codelite/CodeLite/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp:274: error: variable âwxFFile fpâ has initializer but incomplete type
make[2]: *** [CodeLite/CMakeFiles/libcodelite.dir/compiler_command_line_parser.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CodeLite/CMakeFiles/libcodelite.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
The offending line should be:

wxFFile fp( includeFile.GetFullPath(), "rb" );
I've added the line:

#include <wx/ffile.h>
in compiler_command_line_parser.h as you have done before and it seems to be compiling.

Will update if I see some errors again.

Cheers~
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Thanks, git head is updated

Eran
althorz
CodeLite Curious

Post by althorz »

Update:

In Plugin/compilation_database.h add:

#include <wx/dir.h>
In Plugin/DiffSideBySidePanel.h add:

#include <wx/menu.h>
Still compiling...
althorz
CodeLite Curious

Post by althorz »

Compiled successfully and executed nicely.

Thank you for the work.

Cheers~
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Done. Thanks
Eran