Recursiv adding subfolders to code completion search folders

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Recursiv adding subfolders to code completion search folders

Post by Yaakuro »

Hi

I did not know where to put this feature request. Sorry if this is the wrong place. I like to suggest (I would be awesome to have it) a recursive add sub folders checkbox in the code completion search paths. I assume all folders that should be used in the search path for the code completion must be added manually. Some projects have really a lot of sub folders (include) which makes it hard to add all. That button would add all subfolders that is selected by the Add button.
I hope there is a change to add something like that to the next version of codelite.
And another thing is, to have the Add/Suggest path button in the Workspace Settings (Code Completion) too. That would make codelite even more awesome :D
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Re: Recursiv adding subfolders to code completion search fol

Post by eranif »

Yaakuro wrote: did not know where to put this feature request. Sorry if this is the wrong place. I like to suggest (I would be awesome to have it) a recursive add sub folders checkbox in the code completion search paths. I assume all folders that should be used in the search path for the code completion must be added manually. Some projects have really a lot of sub folders (include) which makes it hard to add all. That button would add all subfolders that is selected by the Add button.
I hope there is a change to add something like that to the next version of codelite.
Its a feature request.
However, I am not sure you need this, since codelite uses the compiler settings to locate your include paths. i.e. if the compiler can find the header files, than so does the code-completion engine
The feature of manually adding search paths for the code completion is there mainly to assist when using a custom makefile project (in this case, codelite can not rely on the project settings to get the include paths from)

Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Yaakuro »

Hi Eran

Thx for your reply. Ok, but I have the feeling that it does not always find files which are in sub folders. I have to specify manually to get the code completion working correctly. Using GNU/Linux and Mac. Or maybe I do something wrong?
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Which version of codelite are you using?
( I am not really sure on which version I added this capability )

Also, have you tried using clang? http://codelite.org/LiteEditor/ClangIntegration41

Eran
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Yaakuro »

I am using 6.1 and testet today the 7.0 version on Mac. So the same behaviour. On Linux it works. If I just include headers on Linux, code completion works but not on Mac.
Yaakuro
CodeLite Enthusiast

Post by Yaakuro »

Hi Eran

I made a small video. You can see the settings and how it behaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXqbPG ... e=youtu.be
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

Hi,
When enabling clang - you need to re-build your workspace at least once - this is described here (marked with bold)

Workspace->Retag workspace (full) will not help you here, it only affects the ctags parser

EDIT:
In the "Output View" you have a "Clang" tab, it will show you the errors of why clang failed to code complete

Eran