CodeLite 7.0 crashes opening 17th file.

CodeLite installation/troubleshooting forum
codebig
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: c++

CodeLite 7.0 crashes opening 17th file.

Post by codebig »

I am using CodeLite 7.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. When I have 16 files open (i.e. 16 tabs) and attempt the open one more file (Open File), CodeLite crashes with the generic Windows message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." The problem is easy to recreate.

CodeLite 7.0 on Linux Mint behaves differently. Only 15 files are allowed to be open. When a 16th file is opened, a previously opened file is closed, leaving only 15 files open. Better than crashing, but I cannot open more than 15 files.

Also, "File -> load a group of file" does not open any files. The *.tabgroup file contains entries for several files.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin
IDE Question: C++

Re: CodeLite 7.0 crashes opening 17th file.

Post by eranif »

codebig wrote:I am using CodeLite 7.0 on Windows 7 64 bit. When I have 16 files open (i.e. 16 tabs) and attempt the open one more file (Open File), CodeLite crashes with the generic Windows message "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly." The problem is easy to recreate.
I can't seem to reproduce this problem... CodeLite always limits me to 15 files (as it should) (Windows 7, 64 bit)
Some questions:
Do you have a workspace opened?
how do you open the files? do you double click a file in the tree view or... ?
What is the value set in Settings->Global Editor Preferences->Misc-> History->Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor
codebig wrote:CodeLite 7.0 on Linux Mint behaves differently. Only 15 files are allowed to be open. When a 16th file is opened, a previously opened file is closed, leaving only 15 files open. Better than crashing, but I cannot open more than 15 files.
Settings->Global Editor Preferences->Misc-> History->Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor
Also, "File -> load a group of file" does not open any files. The *.tabgroup file contains entries for several files.
Please report this as bug in the issue tracker
https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new
Eran
Make sure you have read the HOW TO POST thread
DavidGH
CodeLite Plugin

Post by DavidGH »

Hi,

Please report this as bug in the issue tracker
https://github.com/eranif/codelite/issues/new
No need. This is now fixed by commit fbac41c.

Regards,

David
codebig
CodeLite Curious

Post by codebig »

eranif wrote: Do you have a workspace opened?
how do you open the files? do you double click a file in the tree view or... ?
What is the value set in Settings->Global Editor Preferences->Misc-> History->Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor
The problem occurs both with and without a workspace opened.
I open files using the "Open File" icon on the toolbar.
Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor is set to 15.

The problem still occurs when I set Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor is set to 31.
codebig
CodeLite Curious

Post by codebig »

I uninstalled codelite and removed any remnants. I installed codelite Weekly Build Feb 22,2015. The problem no longer occurs; the number of open files is limited to 15. However when I set "Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor" to a value greater than 15, I am still limited to 15 open files.
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

codebig wrote:I uninstalled codelite and removed any remnants. I installed codelite Weekly Build Feb 22,2015. The problem no longer occurs; the number of open files is limited to 15. However when I set "Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor" to a value greater than 15, I am still limited to 15 open files.
This is a bug in the UI: the property "Maximum number of tabs opened in the editor" was saved in the "Max items kept in the find / replace dialog" and vice verase.
This is fixed in git master.

However, after fixing this bug, I managed to reproduce your original bug: crash when opening the 17th tab! - this is also fixed in git master (the bug here was a silent conversion by the compiler from integer to boolean type)

Thanks for reporting them. The fixes will be available in the next weekly build

Eran
eranif
CodeLite Plugin

Post by eranif »

EDIT:
I have updated the downloads page of CodeLite with the latest weekly build for today (Match 18th) which includes the mentioned fixed
Please give it a try and report back if you are still having issues with the number of opened tabs

Thanks
Eran