Does selecting C++ in the wrkspace allow me to code in C?

General questions regarding the usage of CodeLite
n00bforever
CodeLite Curious
Genuine User: Yes
IDE Question: C++

Does selecting C++ in the wrkspace allow me to code in C?

Post by n00bforever »

Hey everyone, I'm looking to start learning to code in C, and I configured the program to compile with MinGW. However, when i start a new workspace, it only allows me to select C++, PHP, and javascript. I've read online that coding in C when its configured for C++ can cause errors, so I ask the question in the title with that in mind.

Thanks
CodeLiter
CodeLite Curious

Re: Does selecting C++ in the wrkspace allow me to code in C

Post by CodeLiter »

There doesn't seem to be much in an empty C++ workspace file, and nothing that ties it to C++. I think it should really say "C/C++" workspace. And when you make a project, you are given the choice to select a C or C++ compiler which effectively must make the project a C or a C++ project, untied to anything else in the workspace. So it seems like C projects under a "C++" workspace, should be fine in Codelite.
n00bforever
CodeLite Curious

Post by n00bforever »

Thank you, perfect response!

However, first attempt to run the generic "Hello World" program was detected as a threat by antivirus, and output says my compiler executable is not a recognizable program batch file etc....LOL, guess i gotta do this on my linux computer, huh?
CodeLiter
CodeLite Curious

Post by CodeLiter »

Some virus checkers allow you to exclude directories or directory trees from being checked or analyzed.